Friday, November 4, 2011

I love all things Fall


One of my favorite seasons is Fall. All the leaves change color, the weather drops just enough, I get to wear my fave military parka and riding boots, but what excites me the most is Fall baking!

Not only do I love the food at Thanksgiving, the desserts that come at the end send me straight to dessert heaven. Pumpkin, gingerbread, cinnamon, nutmeg, apples, sweet potato, maple syrup the list goes on! There are so many great ingredients that you can combine to make sweet, luscious, and decadent desserts!

Today's post is dedicated to one of my all time favorite spice - ginger! I love all things ginger - with sushi, in drinks, in food, and especially in desserts! :) So here is my ode to ginger... A gingerbread cupcake with maple buttercream frosting. The addition of molasses in the cake takes it to the next level and the sweet and earthy flavor of maple syrup rounds all of it together. Giving this cupcake just enough of sweet and spicy. I decide to decorate the cupcake with a rose design - this is for my bestie Erin who had sent me a pic of a rose cupcake. Wish you could be here to taste it with me! Happy Fall everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment