Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tools


When it comes to baking there are many moving parts involved.  It's not just the ingredients in your recipe but it's the tools used that make everything work.  When I initially started out baking I only had a hand held whisk and a cookie sheet.  I moved up to a hand mixer which made life a lot easier.  Then for Christmas about a year ago, I received my very first KitchenAid stand mixer.  Boy, did I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  I had been eyeing that mixer for months and wanted it not only because it looked pretty but because of all the amenities.  Not only can this sucker mix your cake and cookie mixes but it can create a beautiful meringue or a basic homemade whipped cream.  It doesn't stop there - if you purchase attachments - the list continues.  Homemade ice cream, sausages, pasta, bread, etc etc.  It's the one tool that I believe is a necessity! It's worth the investment and I promise you that once you have one of your very own, you'll never go back to your hand mixer.  Plus they come in all sorts of pretty colors! Go check 'em out!! 

I have an order coming up and I've been anticipating it since it's my biggest order yet.  Well it's only my second order but I am bit nervous about it.  I will be making 36 red velvet cupcakes and a double layer 8" red velvet cake.  It's for a 90th birthday so I have to make it ultra special! I just purchased my first tool that will be essential in my cake making.  The cake turn table! It's going to make frosting and decorating the cake easier so I don't have to contort my body uncomfortably.  Another tool that I cannot live without are my decorating tips! These are essential in creating beautiful decorations on your cupcakes and cakes!


I just took a trip to Michael's this past weekend and picked up a few extra tools needed for my upcoming order.  Since it will have a Christmas theme - actually the only thing that is Christmas about it, is the color.  Hahaha... Anyway, I decided to get red cupcake liners and thought the ones with the polka dots were just adorable.  I also picked up edible red sparkles to add to the cupcake frosting.  I think it'll add that special touch at the end.  I'm SO excited to work on this next order - which will be my next post! Hopefully, it'll look just as pretty as I envision it to be! Stay tuned...

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment